Your swimming pool is like another living space for your family. It’s the location of birthday parties, hangouts, and barbecues. It’s a place where you create memories. That’s why it’s so important to keep your pool in great condition. By following these 5 tips, you can extend the life of your pool and ensure that it is around for many more memories to come.
- Familiarize yourself with the chemicals. Whether saltwater or chlorinated, each pool will have certain chemicals to kill bacteria and keep things sanitary. Know what chemicals need to be applied when and the quantity that should be used.
- Know how to check the alkaline and pH levels in your pool. Once you throw the chemicals in, it’s important to monitor how the water reacts. Check your levels often and know what to do if one is too high or too low.
- Clean your swimming pool daily. Use brushes to clear out leaves and debris that may become trapped in your filter. Be sure to skim the surface with a net to remove any bugs or twigs that might be hanging around as well.
- Choose the right filter and then maintain it. There are different types of filters that can be used for pool maintenance. Sand filters contain a solid bed of sand that traps debris in the pool. Cartridge filters allow water to seep through a filtering process that will catch the impurities, while diatomaceous filters use porous materials to filter debris. No matter what type of filter you use, be aware of how often it should be maintained or replaced.
- Keep the surrounding area clean. Wipe down the tile regularly and keep the surface surrounding the pool swept and mopped accordingly. Be sure to pick up any pool toys that might be lying about. Otherwise, twigs and leaves can begin to build up and make their way into the water.
In the end, your pool will treat you well as long as you treat it well. Keep it clean and well maintained and you should have no problems. If you have questions regarding your swimming pool in Atlanta, call Hilltop Pools and Spas, Inc, today.