Creating a perfect outdoor oasis wouldn’t be complete without a pool. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious retreat or something that the kids can enjoy, it’s important to put some thought into how your pool is going to look. In fact, before any sort of excavation can begin, it’s important to find the right shape of pool for your backyard. The right shape ensures that you get the use that you want out of it. Some homeowners simply want the aesthetics of a pool while others plan to use it every day that they can.
Whatever your motives are, here are a few things to consider when deciding on the shape for your custom pool.
- Rectangular or rectilinear pools are more formal than other shapes. If this is the pool shape that you choose, it most likely will not be the focal point of your backyard. Instead, it’s meant to compliment your home and its architecture. Many homeowners choose this shape when they want to add a water feature but don’t necessarily want it to overtake their backyard.
- Choosing a geometric shape may seem traditional, but it’s a great way to add character to your modern or contemporary home.
- If you have a more modern looking home but are looking to soften its sharp edges, consider adding a radius to the ends of a rectangular pool. It will still fit your home’s style but adds a comforting look. Plus, the soft curves of a radius are perfect for steps, seating, and spas.
- If you are looking to make the pool the highlight of your backyard, consider a freeform pool. These pools can be any shape or size. Freeform pools allow you to take more liberties when it comes to design and adding fun new elements.
- Freeform pools are perfect if you already have part of your yard designed. Their flexible shape allows them to compliment and curve for fire pits, outdoor kitchens, pergolas, and stairs.
- Keep elevations in mind. If your home is built on a hill or an incline, a pool isn’t impossible. There are many ways to transition these elevations smoothly. It’s important to try and keep these transitions as minimal as possible when designing your pool, though, to ensure that your design isn’t too separated.
- Allow for balance. Freeform pools are perfect for homeowners who already have landscaping or a home installed before the design process. It allows them to create a space that completely compliments their area.
- Bring your style. The most important thing to remember when establishing the shape of your pool is to make it reflect your style. Take a look at different pools online to get a feel for what you like and don’t like. Then, let your pool designer help you create your dream oasis.
No matter when you begin your pool design in Newman, it’s important to enlist the help of professionals. Finding an experienced company who deals with custom pools is the best way to ensure that you find the pool shape that best fits your home style. With their help, you’re sure to make a splash with your new backyard.