A swimming pool is a great addition to any property, large or small, and whether or not you have children. Swimming pools in Canton offer endless possibilities for relaxation and entertaining, and they also happen to drastically improve your property values. Of course, all of this assumes that everything goes right. There are a number of mistakes that can happen during the pool design and installation process. This doesn’t refer to mistakes swimming pool contractors can make, like installing crooked pool tiles or using the wrong type of filter. This refers to mistakes that can happen on your end.
You can have a lifetime of wonderful days with your pool as long as you shop smart, know what you want, and find one of the best pool companies in Canton to do the installation and maintenance work. Here are 7 lesser-known mistakes that consumers can make when hiring a swimming pool company.
· Calling the First Listing on Google – There may be several pool companies in your area, and it takes some research to find the right one. Don’t just call the first pool builders you find online; do some research about several companies’ experience, areas of expertise, and customer feedback.
· Failing to Be Skeptical – There are plenty of scammers out there. Anyone can technically call themselves a pool contractor. If a company stands out to you, ask them to verify themselves. Are they licensed and insured? Call the Contractor License Board to verify that the contractor is active.
· Rushing into a Contract – Do not feel pressured to sign a contract right away. Feel free to get quotes and other important details from several contractors. However, don’t simply go for the cheapest option or the flashiest sale. Some good contractors may do pricier but longer-lasting work. Also, you need to know what comes included with a contract, like warranties and specific installation work.
· Not Knowing What You Want – Saying you want a swimming pool is easy, but what type of pool do you want? Do you want something classic and sophisticated, or fun and detailed? Do you plan on hosting pool parties or is your pool meant for daily exercise? Knowing what type of pool you want helps you craft a working design.
· Letting the Contractor Control Design Choices – Even if you know what you want, it can be easy for consumers to let a contractor do all the design work for them. If you let a contractor have total control, you can be roped into several price hikes, unnecessary features, and unwanted upgrades. Be involved in every step of the design process, from the shape to the decking materials.
· Not Setting Aside Maintenance Costs – Building a swimming pool comes with a reasonable initial investment, but it is important to know how much you can expect to spend annually on maintenance costs, from investing in cleanings to planning for the occasional repair job. Once your pool is nearing completion, ask your contractor about how much you should set aside.
· Hesitating – All of the above being said, there is no reason to fear signing a contract and installing a pool. A pool is a worthwhile and highly rewarding investment. You just need to shop smart and know what you want. Do some research online about pool companies in Canton, and find out what type of pool best appeals to your lifestyle and tastes.