A concrete pool gives you the freedom to design the shape, depth, and aspects of your new water feature. Whether you choose an infinity pool or a climbing wall, there is so much you can do to make your pool your own.
While the planning process for concrete pools in Canton, GA is extensive, it is always worth it.
- Design planning. Before any sort of excavation can begin, the design for your pool has to be established. To start, you’ll meet with your pool designer to discuss your wish list. They may also conduct a survey of your property at this point. In the beginning stages, it’s also important to contact your city to make sure that the proper construction and zoning codes are met. Once you’ve decided on a shape and design features for your pool, the construction can begin.
- A grade cut may be required. If the area in which your pool is going to be installed isn’t level, a grade cut might be the next step. This creates a completely level area for your pool to be situated on.
- After everything is level, the layout is marked. Measurements are verified and checked with the survey to ensure that everything is just where it should be. Once the layout is correct, excavation can begin.
- Shell plumbing is laid. It’s necessary for your pool to have a plumbing and circulation in place to ensure that the water flows properly. Using PVC plumbing, the system is laid.
- The steel frame is placed. While you may have chosen a concrete pool, it is reinforced using steel rods. These rods are placed in a lattice pattern throughout the whole structure of the pool. This gives your pool the strength it needs to withstand the weight of your pool’s water.
- Concrete is added. Once the steel frame is built, concrete then encases the steel skeleton frame. The tops of the concrete wall are topped with a solid surface that coordinates with other finishes on your pool.
- Design features are added. If you’ve chosen stone or porcelain, this is when it will be added. The interior of the pool will be finished with plaster or a pebble-finish, depending on your design.
- Final plumbing lines are run. After your concrete shell has been installed and cured for the correct amount of time, the plumbing lines can be run to the pool. A cement slab may also be poured to give your pool’s equipment a solid foundation to prevent shifting or sinking.
- The finishing touches are placed. After all of the construction aspects of your pool are finished, the landscape and hardscape components are added. This can include walls, steps, fountains, patios, and anything else that will make your pool complete. Umbrellas, lawn chairs, and any other furniture can also be placed at this time.
Designing, constructing, and installing a cement pool is a tedious process. It involves extensive knowledge and experience. Don’t trust your pool’s construction to just anyone. Do your research to find the swimming pool contractors in Canton that can handle the job. Then you can be sure that your pool will be well-constructed and resilient.