If you are looking for a cool place to relax and enjoy time with your family, a pool is the way to go. Whether you choose a grotto-style pool or something a little bit sportier, your pool should reflect your family’s lifestyle. By choosing the right pool companies in Buckhead to handle your design, you’ll end up with an oasis that everyone loves.
Before meeting with the pool builders in Buckhead, here are a few things to consider for your design.
- Figure out how much space you have for the pool. Before starting the design process, it’s important to establish how much space you are working with. Some cities have specific ordinances regarding water spaces while others don’t. Determining how large your outdoor pool area can be will play an important role in creating your perfect pool.
- Choose a pool that fits your family’s activities and lifestyle. Pools come in all shapes and sizes. When starting the design process, it’s important that you consider your family’s personality. If you want a pool to swim laps in, a lazy river probably isn’t the right pool for you. If you want a pool that the kids can enjoy, consider something a bit more entertaining.
- Don’t forget the surrounding area. The pool is only a portion of the design process. It’s also important that you create an outdoor living space that compliments the water. This could include hammocks, day beds, eating areas, or an outdoor kitchen. By envisioning the big picture instead of just the pool, you ensure that the space is utilized to its fullest.
- Add interesting accents. Once you’ve decided on the basic shape and design of your pool, it’s time to add some fun accents. A zero-depth entry is the perfect way to make your outdoor area appear more beach-like. It also provides the perfect place for toddlers and babies to splash around. Fountains, waterfalls, and other water features are different ways to perk up your pool and bring it to life.
- Choose lighting. The lighting you choose can change the whole mood of your pool. Choosing color-changing LEDs is a great way to make the water more fun in the evenings. You can also shine lights on the greenery and pathways surrounding your pool for something a bit more romantic.
- Consider a transitional area. Don’t let your pool be a “summer only” experience. Instead, build a cover over your pool that allows it to be used both during the cold and warm weather. Indoor/outdoor pools are often built with retractable doors and windows that allow you to use your pool year-round.
- Think about the flooring. Many pool-owners forget to think about the flooring of their pool. If you have kids especially, you want flooring that has traction. This prevents slips and cuts down on accidents. Many times, cushioned floors can be designed to look like wood or stone, creating an even more esthetically pleasing design.
With so many options to choose from, it’s easy to create a pool area that’s all your own. Don’t be afraid to get creative and combine many different elements. From colors and textures to filters and fountains, speak with the swimming pool companies in Buckhead to get your dream pool designed.